Windows Developer - Sophos Home
Posted Oct 13
Abingdon, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
We are looking for a software engineer or senior software engineer tojoin our consumer security product team, building the latest andgreatest security products using the industry leading Sophostechnologies to provide consumers with advanced and easy to useprotection.
Work on all aspects of our Cloud managed consumer security products forWindows platforms as part of an internationally distributed team.
- Design products or systems in line with asset technical strategy,quality and functionality requirements.
- Actively contribute to release planning and drive for high-value andhigh-quality solutions which meet business needs
- Define and conduct appropriate Unit, System and Integration testingon own code and others across the product or system, fixing errors,highlighting potential implications on other products or systems.
- Creation of high-quality production level code
- Demonstrate technical expertise in development, diagnosing/debuggingissues and products
- Influence other Engineers to ensure they are demonstrating bestpractice and championing the company values
- Act as a product expert within the team, influencing design andarchitecture decisions to ensure a reliable and maintainable productwhich meets customer requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed
Experience and Skills
- Design and write high quality code in C++
- Experience of modern Windows technologies and tools.
- Understands how products and technologies interface with each otherand fit with the strategy and business needs
- Risks Assessment and Mitigation
- Desire to collaborate with cross-functional team of product managers,software engineers, quality assurance engineers, operational staff, anddocumentation leads
- Detail-Oriented: excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, andwritten communication skills
- Ability to work independently with general direction; comfortableworking with remote team members using telecommunications
The remuneration package includes:
Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days
Group personal pension scheme
Private medical insurance
Critical illness insurance
Death in service policy (life assurance)
Permanent health insurance
Personal accident cover
Working conditions at Sophos are very good and include:
Subsidised staff restaurant
Free beverages, fruit and pastries
NOTICE TO RECRUITERS & PLACEMENT AGENCIES
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submitresumes to any person or email address at Sophos prior to having asigned agreement from Human Resources. Sophos is not liable for and willnot pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency.Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place willbe considered your company's gift to Sophos and may be forwarded to ourrecruiters for their attention. Thank you.
- provided by Dice
Employment Type: Permanent